BEng (Hons) Software Engineering – 12 Months (Top-Up degree)
About this course
BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) – 12 months
The BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) from University of Bolton – 12 months programme is developed collaboratively with industrial partners to ensure that students study a broad range of relevant industrial topics. Many graduates find lucrative careers in this lucrative field of work.
Throughout this BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) from University of Bolton, students will encounter realistic scenarios that will prepare them for life after university. This is true not only for the technical areas studied, but also for the output required of students, such as technical proposals or management reports.
Much of the coursework that students complete is project-based and frequently requires group work. Successful and productive teamwork is a necessary component of modern software engineering.
Since software engineering and application development are international businesses, they are not geographically restricted. The BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) from University of Bolton course examines issues such as culture, socialisation, and localisation, as well as international computer and communication standards.
This BEng (Hons) Software Engineering top-up programme is designed to enable you to advance from a suitable previous qualification to an Honourary level. An induction programme will help to transition efficiently to honours.
Program Overview: BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) - 12 months
Key Highlights of the BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) – 12 months qualification are:
This course help you to:
Since software engineering and application development are international businesses, they are not geographically restricted. The BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) course examines issues such as culture, socialisation, and localisation, as well as international computer and communication standards.
Below are the modules that would be covered under BEng (Hons) in Software Engineering (Top-up) degree course for a combined total of 120 credits:
– Undergraduate Project (60 Credits)
– Agile Programming (30 Credits)
– Enterprise Systems Development (30 Credits)
Sample Award Certificate
Click on the sample certificate images to view the certificates you would be receiving on completion of the course
Frequently Asked Questions
This BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) programme duration is 12 months
This BEng (Hons) Software Engineering course is ideal for those wishing to progress within the Computing and IT sector such as:
- IT support engineers, network engineers
- System Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Systems administrators and IT teachers
- Network and security professionals
- Web and software developers
Alternative career options
Graduates can use the qualification as a stepping-stone into a range of other careers. For some of these roles, relevant experience and postgraduate study may be required. Roles include:
- Advertising, marketing and PR
- Banking, finance and accountancy
- Energy and utilities
- Manufacturing and production
- Public sector and defence
- IT consultancy
- Radio and TV production
- Systems analysis
- Multimedia programming
- Digital copywriting
- Network engineering
Learners must possess:
- You will need either a FdSc or HND in a software engineering or
Computing / programming related courses, OR
- Level 5 Diploma with 240 Credits, OR
- Students with non-traditional qualifications and/or relevant experience may be accepted onto the course after a successful interview. You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work. Please contact the Admissions Team at Admissions@LSBR.UK for further guidance.
Simply follow the steps given below to enrol:
- Click on “Enrol Now” button on top of the page
- Choose your Payment Plan and proceed to pay your course fee
- Fill up your contact details on the Checkout page
- Pay your Instalment Amount (This can be paid online using credit or debit card)
- Once we receive your course fee instalment, we would send you the Course Activation Email
BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) – 12 Months course consists of following modules:
- Undergraduate Project (60 Credits)
- Agile Programming (30 Credits)
- Enterprise Systems Development (30 Credits)
Please note that the modules are subject to change – the university review the content of the courses regularly, making changes where necessary to improve your experience and graduate prospects.
Successful completion of the Top-up course leads to award of degree of BEng (Hons) Software Engineering by the University
- The assessment is done via submission of assignment.
- This course is assessed through 100% coursework with a range of methods, such as essays, research reports, presentations, group work and practical reports.
- There are no written exams.
BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) degree is validated and awarded by the University of Bolton through our partner WI College, UK. This stage is delivered via online learning by Faculties / Professors from the University. The total credits earned will be 120 credits.
Yes, the total Course Fee can be paid in Instalments. However all dues needs to be paid before the commencement of the session.
Please click on “Enrol Now” button on the top and choose some of the best payment options available for you.
Total Course Fee Can Be Paid In Instalments.
Choose from some of the best options available:
Choose Your Payment Plan£7,200
LSBR offers a host of Online Courses to learners in degreetopup from some of the top awading bodies and professinal organisations in the world. The qualifications are accredited by the UK Government’s regulator Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OfQual). Some of the awarding bodies are listed below.